We hope your Advent season is filled with joyful expectation and seasonal spirit, despite the depressing lack of snow so far.
- We're closed Monday, December 18, for personal reasons.
- We're closed as planned for the holiday season. Our normal last day of operations for the year is Friday, Dec. 22. We're closed starting Monday the 25th and will reopen for business on Wednesday, January 3.
- We are willing to host special events during this window, or to open on a limited basis for retail if requested in advance.
In October, we changed our hours to open significantly earlier (7 a.m.) to accommodate a more usual coffeeshop rhythm. But in nearly three months with this schedule, we've seen only a single human before 9:30a. For that reason, we're quasi-reverting to our previous schedule, with some tweaks, when we reopen from the holidays in January.
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday — 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday — closed for normal retail; special events possible after 2 p.m. if scheduled in advance
- Sunday — closed, no events allowed
Starting in January 2024, we're taking advantage of Wednesday's later hours to start a weekly literary salon. Salon hours overlap normal retail; it'll run 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. People are welcome to come and go at will; there's no cost to attend and no RSVP. Snacks and drinks will be available for (optional) purchase with occasional complimentary snacks and drinks depending on the salon's agenda.
During each week's salon, participants have the option of:
- Writing in community (every week)
- Requesting a chapter/project critique or writing advice from Jason (every week)
- Playing writing or board games (once each month)
- Participating in a book club (once each month)
- Discussing a philosophically complex topic as a group (once each month)
- Joining a guided seminar about the craft or business of writing (once each month)
The salons are hosted by the bookstore, but they're a program of Lakeshore Literary Foundation. More details will follow!