Holy March, Batman. Time flies when you're flippin' pages like a demon.
Here's where we're at:
- We've acquired nearly 700 used books — and counting. Our friendly inventory associate, Cade, is patiently inspecting, labeling, and organizing what we've got, first by genre and then alpha by author. 'Tis a tedious process.
- We've firmed up the parameters of our buy/sell/trade program. The TL;DR — all books are $5, and we buy them for $2.50 provided they're resalable. Trades are one-for-one. No restrictions on trim size, genre, etc.
- We've renovated the reception area for The L&G Center, so the bookstore now enjoys its own reception/checkout desk.
- Website, branding, socials, &c., are done. Business cards, signage, propaganda leaflets — all ready to rock.
- Hours are set and staffed. We're ready for your visit!
Here's what's next:
- A pair of large, comfortable, cloth reading chairs is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. They'll be assembled (with a matching end table) when the dojo's vending machine is removed from the building. Given that particular vendor's timeliness, could be anywhere from two days to two months. :(
- We're beginning our reach-out to small presses and self-published authors. It was important to have the used-book part in place to help generate foot traffic, first.
So what are you waiting for? Come on in!