Are you ready for our new Salon program to begin? The festivities begin on Jan. 3 and run every Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., year-round.
Of course, every week includes set-aside time for people to write, either individually or as a group (like a write-in). Writers are welcome to pitch ideas or get critiques from Jason, at no cost. People who write are welcome to join our special activities, or to not-join them, at their pleasure.
Here's the schedule for January 2024:
- Wednesday, Jan 3: Game night! Bring your favorite, or pick from one of the games sitting on the community shelf.
- Wednesday, Jan. 10: Book club! Since this will be the inaugural meeting, we'll pick a book for February and discuss the norms of the club.
- Wednesday, Jan. 17: Discussion club! This month's topic is navigating the transition to independent adulthood. It's focused on people in their 20s or 30s who may be independent but are still struggling to find their way in the world.
- Wednesday, Jan. 24: Seminar time! This month's topic is the pros and cons of each of the five main ways of publishing your book. We'll explore the creative, financial, and legal implications of big-traditional, small-traditional, hybrid, social, and vanity publishing.
- Wednesday, Jan. 31: Mystery time! Given that January has five Wednesdays, this one is going to be a kinesthetic masterpiece. Jason will showcase some of his martial-arts prowess to showcase how combat works in the real world, so your stories can reflect the complexities and timings of what really happens. If we're lucky, Sensei Allison or Sensei Michelle might be present, too, to aid with the demo.
No cost to attend. No obligation to purchase, although drinks and snacks are available for purchase as normal. Come and go as you like — it's an open floor, so coming late or leaving early is certainly welcome.
The salons are here. Will we see you soon?